Compostion & Arranging
(Use the Fillable form below to request a quote)
- 25% of payment due upfront (detailed invoice will be provided)
- MIDI audio file and a 1-page proof of the work product will be sent 5 days prior to the due date, at which point reasonable requests for revisions can be made.
- Remaining 75% of payment due at delivery. (Past-due payments will incur a weekly fee of 10% of original quote.)
- Attributed or anonymous?
- if anonymous, a reasonable anonymity fee will be negotiated based on distribution intentions.
- Are any players requesting a feature?
- What type of orchestration? Standard ensemble, or nonstandard?
- If source work already exists, who owns the copyright?
- If requesting an original composition ("from scratch"), what distribution and ownership rights are desired?
Pricing is based on the Colorado State minimum wage, materials costs (tech, reference material, etc) & industry standard rates for the type of work requested.
Base pricing is $25 per hour of work.
Quote may vary depending on factors such as ensemble size, project timeline, and distribution intentions.
Use the fillable form below to request a quote, and see the bottom of this page for example breakdowns.
Example Breakdown 1:
A 3-minute orchestration or arrangement of a piano score for symphony orchestra:
Average worktime per measure for a four-section orchestra (>15 different instruments) , incl. editing/parts: 45-60 min
Minimum number of hours to complete a 3-minute symphonic arrangement: 24 work hours (24 hrs x $25/hr = $600)
Rush job fee (10 days or less): $150
Example Breakdown 2:
A 3-minute original composition for a rock ensemble:
Average worktime per measure for a 5-piece rock band incl. editing/parts: 25-40 mins
Minimum number of hours to complete a 3-minute original composition: 17 work hours (17 hrs x $25/hr = $425)
Rush job fee (see above)
These breakdowns reflect industry standard rates.